6/13/2008

Second Obsession...

So my first obsession is bags, my second is cooking. As everyone obsesses over which restaurants to go to and reads and makes reviews, I am obsessed with finding recipes, reading reviews on them and trying them out. I never really had such an enjoyment with cooking until I was without a kitchen for 2 years. Then when we were toying with the idea of buying a house, we decided to stay where we are at for the time being and put in a small kitchenette instead. Our place is the typical San Francisco in-law unit - small, yet livable - and surprisingly, putting in a full sized refrigerator, stove AND oven, plus a sink and full-sized cabinets actually made the place a lot more cozier!

I love it!

I love spending the time to find recipes online, watching the foodnetwork and trying other's people's recipes. I love buying all kinds of kitchen gadgets, especially from Crate & Barrel, that make life easier in the kitchen. It's the one-hour time in a day that I have complete bliss from the baby and am not working. It's a new venture for me that I think I will keep at until I feel like I've got it - when I know why you add certain ingredients to certain things and where I can just whip up a meal without referring religiously to step-by-step recipes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Annie, check out my food blog: www.yummysf.com

- Fanny