1/25/2009

Cooking! Crab cakes with red chili mayonnaise

For those of you who know me, I love to cook. I'm not a great cook (yet) by any means, I am just learning and I live by recipes. I still can't say I know how to cook yet because to me, following recipes is not really knowing how to cook, it's being able to follow directions. And I follow recipes to the T. I never deviate, not even with recipes I've done many times. Plus, for some reason I can't remember ingredients, I always have to refer back to the printed sheets. =P

In any case, that is how I currently cook and I ENJOY every minute of it! And last night's meal turned out to be a huge success! It's my first time making crab cakes with red chili mayonnaise over a bed of wilted spinach. The crab cakes were a tiny bit dry, but the hot chili sauce made up for it, and can you believe it was just mayonnaise, lemon juice, and sriracha?

You can find the recipe here: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Crab-Cakes-with-Red-Chili-Mayonnaise-107053
Here's how mine looked like:

1 comment:

Arpita said...

It seems that it will taste good as it is looking good in the picture you have given here.

I love crab dishes and it is one of hobby to collect crab recipes and experimenting them at home; and I definitely want to try yours.

Recently I have found a site named Crab-O-Licious.Com (http://www.crab-o-licious.com/) which is all about crabs- how to catch, how to clean, how to freeze etc. It also contains some good recipes.