5/11/2009

Events | Floral Presentation at the College of San Mateo












I've always wanted to give back to the school that's given me so much - College of San Mateo - the school that's taught me the fundamentals of floral design and where I received my certificate in Floristry in 2003. So when asked if I would like to be a guest speaker for their monthly meeting, I immediately said YES! I've been bursting with so much knowledge from the past 5 years of being in the business that I wanted to share it all with all the new aspiring students!

I wanted to do my program that's focused more on the practical, everyday techniques of wedding design, instead of designs that are so "out there", (although inspiring) it's not applicable to everyday wedding design. While demonstrating and explaining the techniques, I also talked about the wedding business as being a business, making sure the students know that it is beyond designing - the realistic side of the flower business.























2 comments:

Adizat said...

I just wanted to say I love your posts.

Annie Siu | Floral & Events said...

Wow! THANKS!! You made my day!!
Are you in the industry/area as well?