5/12/2009

Events | Filoli's Kaleidoscope of Flowers

Filoli, had its annual Mother's Day weekend Flower Show event last weekend, this year called the "Kaleidoscope of Flowers". (View earlier post of my initial thoughts and inspiration here). Literally at the eleventh hour, I was still searching for inspiration. I went back to IKEA, still nothing stood out. The initial idea of the hanging utensil holders were not going to "hold" well because they couldn't be hung against the wall, thus the flowers would most likely fall out and even if they didn't, it would literally just be hanging buckets of flowers. What's the big deal?, I thought.

Then I thought to browse around Macy's kitchen department since I was starting to form a "baking scene" in my head (mostly because in real life, I've been baking and loving it!). As I neared Martha Stewart's kitchen collection, her distinct signature turquoise color hit me with a "ah-hah!" moment - that color completely matched the distinct turquoise colors of the cabinetry in the Butler's pantry! I can't believe I didn't think of that earlier!

Then the rest is history and I went to town, drawing also from the red, grey, green, a lighter shade of blue, and another shade of the turquoise blue of MS's ingredient cups, and came up with my design, titled "A baking scene in a modernized kitchen, inspired by the same turquoise blue of Martha Stewart's kitchen collection as in the blue of the cabinets in the Butler's Pantry", see below:

No comments: