6/23/2009

Real Wedding | sharon & carter

Happy and vibrant were the 2 words the bride used often when we initially talked about her wedding flowers. These two words slowly translated into rich hues of hot pink and cantaloupe orange, with pops of lime green.

My creative juices completely poured out for this wedding. It was truly unique because it was the first time my good friend from high school (the groom) and my husband's good friend also from high school (the bride), were getting married. They crossed paths themselves initially in college, then through the years, with my husband and my help (we like to credit ourselves forever for this union), the two finally started dating. I can still remember the time when they were telling us how they finally got together, and the four of us happened to be sitting on these couches at Macy's. I will never forget when he told me how happy he was - like Tom Cruise jumping on the couch on Oprah. And now, the two were getting married.

So I had to give them my all and more. Pink calla lilies, tulips, hydrangeas, with cantaloupe roses, dahlias, and pops of cymbidium orchids, snowball viburnum, AND KUMQUATS! Ribbons, ribbons, and ribbons tied the theme of these vibrant colors - thick hot pink ribbon outlining the aisle runner sprinkled with orange rose petals, pink and orange ribbons on the lip of the altar vases, ribbons wrapped around the guestbook and centerpiece vases. Because they were working with a budget, using these ribbons was an inexpensive way to add so much color and vibrancy, while using minimal flowers - all to set the stage at Kohl Mansion in Burlingame with the reception following at Hong Kong Flower Lounge in Millbrae.


Here are a few teaser photos from my camera, can't wait to get the photographer's pictures!

No comments: