3/28/2009

Events | Bouquets to Art

Bouquets to Art (3/17/09 - 3/21/09) came and went at the De Young Museum, just like how it was for me when I attended this show because of so little time I had there. Getting in only 15 minutes before Paula Pryke's lecture at 1:30PM, the demonstration lasted a good 2 hours, and a total eye-opener for me because a lot of questions I had with some of her techniques were openly revealed to me...at last!

Lingering after to further analyze all the mechanics just presented, then realizing I had only one and a half hour to visit the rest of the museum - to see all the art-inspired floral designs of Bouquets to Art, Yves Saint Laurent, and Andy Warhol - I finally had to come to terms that I was not going to be able to make it to Andy Warhol. I had to stay on course to be able to go through at least all the flowers and YSL (since they are ending in April).

Even with that limitation, I still had to sadly breeze by all the floral arts quickly so that I made sure I caught full glimpses of all of YSL's amazing pieces, finally in person! The question I have is if floral designers get their inspiration from fashion, where do fashion designers get their inspiration?
Here are some of Paula's signature pieces and a picture with Paula herself. I couldn't resist getting a "hot-off-the-press" copy of her latest book, "Simply Pink" and of course a picture together and an autograph too! (I LOVE her autograph, literally, see top left picture)

No comments: